Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Andaman and Nicobar Islands are Situated in the Bay of Bengal which is approx 1200 km away from Mainland of India. Andaman and Nicobar is approx 8,249 Sq Km in area
Andaman and Nicobar Islands are the Group of 572 Islands in which only 38 Islands are inhabited [28 in Andaman Islands and 10 in Nicobar Islands]. Andaman and Nicobar Islands are divided into two i.e Andaman Islands and the other is Nicobar Islands.
History of Andaman Islands:
About Andaman Islands
- Port Blair is the Capital of Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Both Air Ways and Sea Ways are connected to Mainland from Port Blair.
- There are 572 group of Islands, there are classified as
- Andaman Islands – 550
- Inhabited – 28
- uninhabited – 522
- Nicobar Islands – 22
- Inhabited – 10
- uninhabited – 12
- Andaman Islands – 550
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands are covered by dense evergreen forest with lots flora and Fauna’s. many of them are unique.
Which Language use in Andaman ?
- Hindi and English are the Official Language of Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Most spoken languages are Bangla, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Nicobarese, Malayalam and many more, that is why Andaman is called as mini India.
What Currency is used in Andaman ?
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands is a 28th State [UT] of India.
- India Rupees is used in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Currency can be exchanged at Veer Savarkar Airport, Port Blair, banks and with other authorized dealers.
Do Tourist need Passport / Visa to visit Andaman Islands ?
- As I already said, Andaman is a part of India, Indian Citizen doesn’t need passport or visa to visit Andaman Islands
- But it has many restricted area like Tribal / Forest Reserve Area, to visit there some special permission required and some reserve areas are fully restricted.
- Valid Identity Proof is must for all.
- Other than Indian Citizen, Foreign Tourist required passport and visa as per the Indian Rules.
- Foreign also required RAP [Restricted Area Permit] alongwith the visa, which is available on arrival at Port Blair Airport or ship from Migration authorities.
About Andaman and Nicobar Tourism:
- Andaman Islands have the most exotic and untouched beaches.
- These beaches gives the opportunity to do lots of Water Sports Activities such us Scuba Divinng, Sea Walk, Snorkeling etc..
- Read more about Andaman and Nicobar Tourism