How to Reach Andaman and Nicobar Island, Andaman and Nicobar Islands is located in the Bay of Bengal, as we all know India is Peninsular, its three side are surrounded by the Oceans / Seas. they are :
Indian Ocean – which is south to our Country (India)
Bay of Bengal – East to our Country (India)
Arabian Sea – West to our Country (India)
Yes, Andaman and Nicobar Island is Situated in Bay of Bengal, east to our country, many people asking, Is Passport / Visa required for Indians to visit Andaman? – Really a big No ! Andaman and Nicobar is Part of India.
Andaman and Nicobar is directly connected with the Indian Mainland by Ship as well as by flight.
Port Blair is the Capital of Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Depart and Arrival of Ship and Flight is from Port Blair.
How to Reach Andaman and Nicobar Islands from Chennai, Tamil Nadu
How to reach Andaman from Chennai. Around 2-3 Lakhs tourists visit Andaman and Nicobar Island every year from every part of India and Foreigners.
- 25-40 % visitors are from south India like from Chennai, Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad
- Andaman Islands can be reached by Flight as well as by Ship.
By Flight : Chennai to Andaman
- It is Approx 1350 km from Chennai by Air.
- Currently, Flight is the preferable mode of transportation by tourist as well as locals of Andaman because of time limits of ships.
- Daily 5-8 Flights are available between Chennai and Port Blair, Andaman
- the Flight running from Chennai to Port Blair are :
- Air India – Currently three times – 0505 Hrs, 0800 Hrs and 1100 Hrs (Approx)
- Indigo – 0825 Hrs
- GoAir – 0815 Hrs
- Vistara – 1030 Hrs
- JetAirways – 1200 Hrs
- SpiceJet – 1205 Hrs
- and more connecting flights for Andaman from Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, etc via Chennai
Flights Journey to Reach Port Blair :
- Daily 5-6 Flights are operating for Port Blair (Capital of Andaman and Nicobar Island) from Chennai
- Journey time from Chennai to Port Blair around 2 Hours
- Air India, Indigo, GoAir, Jetways, Spicejet are Operating from Chennai to Port Blair
- Flight from Chennai to Andaman and Nicobar:
From Distance (Approx) Direct Flight to Port Blair Time Taken Chennai to Port Blair 1350 Km Daily 5-6 Flights 2Hours
What is the Flight Fare from Chennai to Andaman?
- Day to Day flight rate are vary
- Cost are from Rs 3000 – Rs 7000 are the normal cost of Travel here
- If you book flight 3-4 Months flight cost will be around Rs. 4000/- may be less too.
By Ship : Chennai to Andaman
- Ship are the main connectivity and plays an vital role on transfer good and locals of Andaman
- If 20-25 years back, in my childhood, there are only 1-2 two flights and not runs daily and cost are very high too.
- So, Ship plays an important role for us and its cheap too.
- Now a days ship and flights reduce there cost and both are like same only
- Ship takes 3nights (65-72 Hrs) to reach Port Blair from Chennai
What is the Ship fare from Chennai to Andaman?
- Rs. 2,700 to 12000/-
- it has four category classified as Bunk class, Second class, First Class, Deluxe Class
- Read More details about Andaman Ship Fare and Andaman Ship Classes
By Train : Chennai to Andaman
- Many peoples ask us, can we travel from Train, so i wrote this.
- No. Andaman and Nicobar Islands are surrounded by Sea (Bay of Bengal)
- You can travel from you place to reach Chennai, Vizag or Kolkata after that you have to catch the flight or ship to reach Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Distance of Andaman and Nicobar Island from various places of Indian mainland.
|Chennai to Port Blair||1350 Km|
|Kolkata to Port Blair||1300 km|
|Bangalore to Port Blair||1650 km|
|Hyderbad to Port Blair||1700 Km|
|Vizag to Port Blair||1224 Km|
|Mumbai to Port Blair||2280 Km (via air)|
|Delhi to Port Blair||2496 km (via air)|