Wandoor Beach is in the Wandoor village of South Andaman. It is the entry point of the Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park, which is spread over 281.5 sq. km covering the sea and 15 islands and adjoining coral reefs. The Marine Park is a natural ‘haven of open sea’ creeks and islands. The area is rich in coral and marine life. Red Skin and Jolly Buoy Islands are for scuba diving and snorkelling. Glass bottom boats are also available.
Wandoor Beach is a beautiful tourist destination in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, 25 kilometres from the capital city, Port Blair. It is renowned for its crystal-clear turquoise waters, pristine sandy shores, and lush green surroundings.
Wandoor beaches are perfect for swimming, snorkelling, and other water activities. It is the entry point of Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park. This National park is well known for its rich marine biodiversity, coral reefs, and various species of colourful fish.
Visitors can explore the park through glass-bottom boats or opt for snorkelling or scuba diving to witness the vibrant underwater world. Wandoor Beach is also a popular spot for birdwatching, attracting numerous species of migratory birds. This beach has a serene ambience and natural beauty making it an ideal place for relaxation and rejuvenation.
How to Reach Wandoor Beach:
- Hiring a taxi is the most convenient and hassle-free way to reach Wandoor Beach. Taxis are readily available in Port Blair, and you can easily find them at popular locations or contact us. The journey typically takes around 45 minutes to an hour.
- You can opt to travel to Wandoor Beach by public bus. Head to the local Central bus terminal in Port Blair and inquire about the bus schedule and route to Wandoor. Buses operate regularly, and you can board one that is heading in the direction of Wandoor. The bus journey takes approximately an hour, allowing you to soak in the scenic views.
- If you prefer flexibility and independence, renting a car, scooter, or bike in Port Blair is an excellent option. Several rental agencies offer vehicles for hire, and you can choose the one that suits your preferences. With a rented vehicle, you can enjoy the freedom to explore Wandoor Beach at your own pace, stopping along the route to take in the breathtaking vistas.
- Remember to plan your journey ahead of time by checking the availability, timings, and fares of the chosen transportation method. Wandoor Beach is approximately 25 kilometres away from Port Blair, and the route is blessed with scenic landscapes, allowing you to savour the beauty of the Andaman Islands throughout your travel.
Hotels / Resorts in Wandoor Beach:
- Sea Princess Beach Resort: Sea Princess Beach Resort is a peaceful and comfortable hotel near Wandoor Beach in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. This beach resort is a great place to stay, for those who want a relaxing vacation by the beach. Sea Princess Beach Resort is next to the beach, so guests can easily walk there and enjoy the beautiful sand and water.
- Lush Green Resort: Lush Green Resort has comfortable and well-appointed accommodations, ensuring a pleasant stay for its guests. The rooms are designed with simplicity and comfort, providing a cosy and relaxing environment. Each room is equipped with essential amenities to cater to the guests’ needs.
- Anugama Resort
- Mangrove Bay Resort
- Forest Guest House
- The White Coral – 7 km away
Restaurant in Wandoor Beach:
- Jolly Boy Restaurant
- Santosh Restaurant
- Jungle Bite Restaurant
- Grub Fine Dining
- Natural Jungle Hungama Restaurant
- BSM fast food
- Mitali Restaurant
Wandoor Beach Photo Gallery: