Port Blair, Andaman [India]
Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India
- Port Blair is the capital of Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Port Blair is the gateway to reach Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Andaman and Nicobar are connected by Mainland by Ship as well as by flight.
- Port Blair has the main seaport of Andaman and Nicobar Islands which is connected with the mainland like Chennai, Kolkata, and Vizag.
- Veer Savarkar International Airport is the only commercial airport in Andaman and Nicobar Islands which is at Port Blair.
- Port Blair Veer Savarkar Airport is connected to many places on the mainland of India.
- They are some direct and indirect flights that are connected to Port Blair.
Port Blair Flights :
- Direct Flight to Port Blair from Chennai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Delhi, Hyderabad, Vishakapatnam, Mumbai, etc.
- One-Stop Flights to Port Blair from Ahmedabad via Bangalore / via Hyderabad, Jaipur via Hyderabad, etc.
Flight Fare :
- Flight fares vary from time to time, you can book a flight 2-3 months in advance, so you can get it at the best price.
- Approx Fare for information purpose in 30-70 days advance search (one way)
- Chennai to Andaman Flight Fare – Rs. 3000 – 6000 +
- Kolkata to Andaman Flight Fare – Rs. 3000 – 6000+
- Bengaluru to Andaman Flight Fare – Rs. 4000 – 8000 +
- Hyderabad to Andaman Flight Fare – Rs. 4000 – 8000+
- Vizag to Andaman Flight Fares – Rs. 4,500 – 8500+
- Mumbai to Andaman Flight Fare – Rs. 5,000 – 9,000+
- Delhi to Andaman Flight Fare – Rs. 5000 – 9000+
- Ahmedabad to Andaman Flight Fare – Rs. 6000 – 10000+
- Jaipur to Andaman Flight Fare – Rs. 6000 – 10000+
Andaman Ships :
- Andaman Passenger ships are monthly 2-3 times from Chennai, Kolkata, and Vizag
Important Places in Port Blair
- These are the Important places where you shop
- Aberdeen Bazaar
- Babu Lane
- Phoneix Bay
- Bathu Basti
Places to Visit in Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands :
- Cellular Jail
- Ross Island
- North Bay Island
- Anthropological Museum
- Samundrika Naval Museum
- Corbyn’s Cove Beach
- Chidyatapu Beach
- Jolly Bouy Island
- Red Skin Island
- Mahatma Gandhi National Park
- Wandoor Beach
- Mount Harriet
- Chatham Saw Mill
- Fish Aquarium
Cellular Jail :
- The Cellular Jail Port is located in Blair, also known as Kalapani. It’s open for tourists except for official holidays. There is also a sound and light show in the evening in which the life story of a freedom fighter is narrated
How to reach the Cellular Jail | Distance?
- Distance – 1 km from Aberdeen Bazaar
- Opening Hours – 09:00 to 16:00
- Time to take the entire visit – 60 to 90 minutes
Corbyn’s Cove Beach:
- Corbyn’s Cove Beach is the closest beach it is 7 kilometers away from the city, and it is one of the most visited places in Andaman. This place is famous for its nearby beaches and water sports. People come here in the evening and when coming from the city, they get a beautiful view of the sea on the left side.
How to reach Corbyn’s Cove Beach | Distance?
- Distance – 5 km from the City Center (i.e Aberdeen Bazaar)
- Timing – 0900 to 1700 hrs
- Time is taken for the entire tour – 90 -120 minutes
Samudrika Naval Museum:
- The Samudrika Naval Museum is a museum of the Navy, where marine creatures are placed. Many species of animals are found in the Andaman Sea.
How to reach Samudrika Naval Museum | Distance?
- Distance – 2 km from the City Center (i.e Aberdeen Bazaar)
- Timing – 0900 to 1600 hrs
- Time is taken for the entire tour – 30 -60 minutes
Also Read :