Havelock Island is a lovely island within the union territory of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. It’s the foremost putative, most stunning, and most visited island within the Andaman Islands.
Havelock is best for swimming, snorkeling, and diving activities and appears attractive.
The blue ocean with crystal clear water, sand, the native delicious foods, great diving Points, and most effective.
Havelock is an island with completely clean and serene beaches, picturesque villages and exotic resorts encircled by stunning coconut and palm trees.
A lot of tourists fly or sail across the Bay of Bengal to get pleasure from this heaven in a remote corner of the Asian nation [India].
Havelock is popularly turning into a paradise within the touristry world. it’s a natural paradise packed with white sand beaches, coral reefs with a colorful array of aquatic life, palm trees, in addition as dense forests within the interiors.
How to Reach Havelock Island?
Port Blair to Havelock Island can be reached in three different ways
- Private Cruise
- Government Ferry
Port Blair to Havelock by Private Cruise
- Havelock Island is one of the most visited places in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Private Cruise is mainly used for transfer tourist to reach Havelock Island
- Private Cruises are more comfortable and can be book through online.
- Makruzz, Makruzz Gold, Green Ocean – 1, Green Ocean -2, and Bhagya Express are private cruises currently running between Havelock from Port Blair.
- There are some more vessels to join the fleets shortly they are Makruzz Pearl, ITT Majestic, and Sea Link.
Is Private Cruise can be booked in Advance?
- Yes, a private cruise to havelock can be booked in advance.
Private Cruise Fares:
- Green Ocean fare starts from Rs. 1,289/- per head [i/c GST and PSF]
- Makruzz fare starts from Rs. 1,407/- per head [i/c GST and PSF]
Timing of Private Cruise from Port Blair to Havelock**:
- Green Ocean 2 – 0600 Hrs, 1215 Hrs
- Green Ocean 1 – 0630 Hrs, 1230 Hrs
- Makruzz – 0745 Hrs, 1300 Hrs
Timing of Private Cruise from Havelock to Port Blair**:
- Green Ocean 1 – 0930 Hrs, 1530 Hrs
- Makruzz – 1600 Hrs
** timing is approx
Port Blair to Havelock by Government Ferry
- Government Ferries plays a vital role to transfer tourist as well as the local public.
- These ferries are the all-time vessels.
- Government ferry to Havelock Island are daily 3 times and some route boat also passes via Havelock Island and they are 3-4 times a week
- Government ferry tickets can’t book through only.
- These ferry tickets are issued 3-4 days before the day of departure.
- Tickets are issued from the STAR counters of the Director of Shipping Service, A & N Admin.
Port Blair to Havelock by Helicopter
- Helicopter services are there to reach Havelock Island from Port Blair.
- There are 3 times a week the helicopter service to reach havelock
- Helicopter plays an important in the case of medical emergency to transfer patients from another part of the Islands to Port Blair
- This ticket can get at civil Aviation, A&N Admin
Places to visit on Havelock Island :
- Havelock Island is one most visited places in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- This Island is famous for its white sand beach and marine life.
- Radhanagar Beach
- Elephant Beach
- Kalapather Beach
- Radhanagar beach is one of the most popular beaches in Asia
- and its famous for its sunset point and white sandy beach which is suitable for swimming.
- Elephant Beach is also spelled Elephanta beach.
- Elephant beach is popular for Water Sports Activities like Sea walks, Snorkelling, Glass bottom boats, etc.
- Kalapather beach is another beach, tourists like to visit this Beach to see the Sunrise and for photography